Wednesday 12 April 2017

Journal: What an amazing week

Holy Week has to be one of the most challenging and blessed weeks of my year as it provides the chance to reflect on the passion of the Christ. This year has been made better by the fact that although the diary is rammed solid, it has space to reflect and ensure that everything is done in slow time - and that makes such a difference.

So today had space to get out to meet and enjoy people, take Communion out, double check the remaining services and do the second stations service of the week. Next up is the tenebrae - always a moving experience.

The rest of the week becomes more crowded and frenetic as the we remember a new commandment  and a Passover meal; and then Good Friday itself is so full on with all that the is.

Lord, have I mentioned how much I love You and the life I have?
I thank You for our family - back together for Easter.
I thank You for the Church family who continually bless and challenge me.
Help me to be the person I need to be for all before me.
To make the right decisions and to never avoid doing what is right.
To recognise the moments when I am wrong and resist, or repair, rather than wound.
Strengthen my resolve and my commitment - helping me to do what I should and not what I can.

We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You 
because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.




No comments: