Saturday 11 February 2017

Journal: People are the joy

Started with snow and ended with rain - ain't that the way it always seems to go?

But today I managed to do some great teaching on ethics and had some amazing dialogue with a few people regarding the fact that standards and truth are not the absolutes some people thing they might be. Onwards and upwards as the day took me to engage with more people in the shape of Home Communion visits before the final push - which left me being 'blown out' but that only sought to give me a chance to unwind a little before I got down to some reflection and study.

The truth is that I'd love to be doing just the pastoral and evangelistic stuff - think the paperwork can rest in the laps of those who would rather read a spreadsheet than a BIble :-)

Wife out with the Angels and I'm going to bed with the dog and however many cats feel like joining him.

Lord for the good bits I thank You.
For the thought bits I think I probably thank You even more!
And for the testing bits, where it was me I'm sorry and where it was others, I'll leave them to You.

Let's preach and live the word in a big way tomorrow, all You need to do is whistle and You know how to do that, don't You!

This place of reflection is here for me to dialogue internally and gain insight and perspective. It first appeared in this current form for some of those looking at creating their own journal as part of the their journey to discerning vocation. The Morning prayer is there also for that same purpose: to create the discipline of prayer. Dialogue, insights and experience of others concerning this entry is always welcome - all grist to the m

No comments: