Friday 13 March 2015

40 Acts BE SILLY



[Jesus said,] 'These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.' John 15:11 (ESV)
How hard is it to make someone smile? A wink, a funny face, a joke are some of the ways you can get someone to crack a smile. In London, they are also ways of getting a slap. Maybe that's why so few people try to make others smile. They are afraid it may go wrong.
My challenge to you today is to risk it. Step out and try and get someone in your path to crack a smile. A smile is contagious; atmospheres change when a smile enters a room. It’s known to lower stress levels and I’m still yet to meet anyone who looks less attractive smiling than when they are not. The benefits of making someone smile outweigh the risks of getting a slap.
I’m involved in a project called My 40 Days. It’s all about doing crazy challenges that are bound to fail. It’s to help people embrace failure as a valuable experience. One of the challenges I had to do was to sing a song on a London underground tube. It was terrifying but never have I made so many people smile before.
I started by making it clear I wasn’t asking for money. I just wanted them to sing along. With all the confidence I could muster, I started to sing ‘Stand by me’. Ironically, not one person stood. Nobody even joined in. But the joy that entered that space as the train carriage erupted into laughter and smiles was so incredibly rewarding!
There are so many ways you can make someone smile. Be innovative. A smile reflects peace and joy. Let’s really embrace today’s challenge of making someone smile as a way of sharing the peace and joy God has given us in Jesus.
Set yourself a target of how many people you will make smile and go for it!
Caleb Meakins


Click HERE for today's web page

No comments: