Monday 11 November 2013

As Remembrancetide draws to a close ...

I'd like to take the opportunity to say 'Thank You' to all those who have held services, sold poppies, wheeled veterans around the various services of remembrance, made tea, wept with those who mourn and vowed to make the world a better place (in the many acts of commitment).

For those who I spoke to today - proudly wearing their Elizabeth Cross in memory of a life given in service to this nation: Thank You!

For those whom I met with medals proudly pinned to their chests and stories of service (some stretching back to before I was born) - my respect and gratitude are yours (and my prayer is that I might be of service to you in return).


For those who, like us at the National Memorial Arboretum today, braved wind and rain to pay their respects - my respect to you for coming and being part when others might have cried off.

Thank you to the staff, the volunteers and all who helped make today a successful witness of a nation's pride in is servicemen and women.

We have, and will always, remember them

2 comments:

Andy (the atheist) said...

Saw you on my TV yesterday and again today and having read your blog and seen the way you think about things and respond to people who seem to be taking you on I have one question:

Why aren't you a bishop?

Not taking the piss but you're someone who obvious cares about what you do and loves people and the God you work for and all the other bits and pieces and if the bloke in our village was like you I'd probably go because you're real!

And that's something coming from an atheist with no time for church usually.

Keep it up because the world needs people like you.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Sadly (or is that fortunately?) the good old CofE doesn't work like that - and if it did I'd put the Church back a couple of thousand years I reckon; but 'Thank You' for the thought and the observations.

I do love people, God and all that I do and really only want to be someone who does what I'm called to do to the very best of my abilities.

But as the description at the top of the blog clearly states 'average' (on a good day).

Thanks again for the endorsement - perhaps you need to write to Justin :-)

Pax