Thursday 13 June 2013

Thought for the Day: Autism

I saw this and it made me think of those I know who struggle with this as carer or as one who has this challenge as part of their own life.


Made me stop and pray for both - hope it does the same for you.

Made me resolve to contact someone I know who has Autism as a daily reality in their lives and offer support - hope it helps you to do the same :-)

'The sort of religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: 
That which looks after those who have needs;
keep yourself from looking like the world - look instead like Jesus!'
James 1.27 (paraphrased)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I was main carer for my child with autism for 20 years. As a regular member of the church community I once asked my priest why no-one ever visited to see how we were doing. He said that I always looked as though I was coping. Remember that we all put on our 'coping face' when we leave the house, it does not mean we don't want your support.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

My pleasure (and shame) in that I often assume that those with children or those who suffer from something, somewhere, along the autistic scale 'are doing OK' and stay back in case I offend.

I can remember how hard it was during the time that I had a CP child and how people stayed away then.

Pax