Saturday 6 April 2013

I've tried - but I can't believe

Demanding
Disputing
Denying
Proclaiming
Claiming
It's tough as they just keep on trying
Going on and on and on and . . . 

Quoting him
His words
His beliefs
his example
which, they claim, cannot be denied

Offering proof of his existence
Claiming that he's real
Not the invention of a needy people
Pointing to the logic
Appealing to reason
Making fantastic claims
For a wondrous future should we follow him

But - hard as I try
As much as I'd like to
As much as they want me to

I can't

I really can't 

I just can't believe in

In

Dawkins


©Vic VDB 2013

4 comments:

UKViewer said...

Join the club :)

Anonymous said...

He's not the messiah

He's a very naughty boy!

Westoz Gerry said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that. I recently had a run in with one of his followers (my sister) and I'm still shell-shocked by her aggressive and Dawkins (mean)spirited attack on me - a rather poor representative of Jesus Christ. Being an inarticulate Aussie I told her to shove it up her a--e. Thus reinforcing her beliefs about all christians!! Lord have mercy on me. cheers Gerry

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

G'day Gerry,

Have a look at something like 'The Irrational atheist' by Vox Day or the McGraph book 'Why God won't go away' but watch the Harris stuff - think he's dealt wrongly with him.

Glad you liked the scribbles - have a great day

V

ps. indedd anon - a very naughty boy ;-)