Monday 25 March 2013

Made me Laugh: Stressed Christian Driver

One of those little stories that make a point (and make you smile):

'A man was being tailgated by a stressed out driver on a busy street when suddenly, the lights ahead turn yellow. Doing the right thing he stops and, as a result, the tailgater hits the roof, and the horn, screaming as they miss their chance to get through the intersection.

And then, still in mid-rant, they hear a tap on their window and, turning, look straight into the face of a police officer who gets them out of the car and takes them to the police station where they are placed in a holding cell.

After a couple of hours, the policeman opened the cell door and says to the, now cool, driver:

'I'm very sorry for this mistake. You see, I pulled up behind your car while you were blowing your horn and screaming at the guy in front of you, f'ing and blinding and waving your hands and, having noticed the 'What Would Jesus Do?' bumper sticker, the 'Follow Me to Sunday School' bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish emblem on the trunk. Naturally, I assumed you had stolen the car!'


Of course, this would never be us now, would it?

(well it wouldn't be me: I don't do Christian stickers - the Church already has enough bad publicity!)
Pax

3 comments:

Archdruid Eileen said...

I know a man who, cut up by a driver on a dual-carriageway slip road, blasted his horn and waved a V-sign at the other driver.

And then remembered he was wearing his dog collar.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Some years ago I was keeping to the limit on a usually 'fast' road as I'd seen a speed camera vehicle along the same stretch about a hour before.
As we reached a dual-carriageway section the car behind came round me and the passenger gave me 'the bird'.

Looking straight at them I, in black dogcollar shirt made an exaggerated sign of the cross. The driver slammed kn their brakes and sheepishly followed me.
A few minutes later we passed the speed trap and more minutes later both pulled in to the diocesan conference centre!

Didn't get to see them again as they were on multi-day conference whilst I wax just there for lunch and meeting!

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

'Wax' should be 'was'

Fat-fingers rule!