Tuesday 13 November 2012

Vic the Vicar - ooo, looks like a bishop!

I had to smile at this photograph from a newspaper report on the Remembrance parade in Birmingham last weekend:


Of course it isn't me at all but the Bishop of Birmingham (the Rt Revd David Urqhart) but it raises the question of who will be most surprised that the press didn't know who either of us was!

I'm personally rather impressed that anyone might think that this amazingly gentle and godly man man be mistaken for the decidedly average and less imposing figure that is me. Perhaps it's a sign (but don't ask me what of :-) )

Here's what I looked like at the same event five years (and five stone heavier) ago:


My apologies to +David for the obvious slur

4 comments:

Dave Potter said...

Don't give up,we're all fallen and human. As one man takes a wrong turn pray for him and his Family. God dosn't seem to have run out of Mercy.
You could ask a King Named David. How that works.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

LOL

Undergroundpewster said...

You mean it wasn't photoshopped?

Rev Trev said...

Wonder how the + is coping with being called 'Vic'?