Tuesday 6 November 2012

How to make your wife's birthday special

Today is my wife's birthday and so:

she had breakfast in bed
Then I took her to some nice outdoor location:

Glascote Cemetery
And then took her for a meal (and it was superb - the food was fantastic):

This is a brilliant place to eat!
And then I took her to a bookshop (well actually I left her outside in the car but I wasn't more than twenty minutes):

(and she did have a coat she could wear!)
And then I bought her some boots:
And took her for a cream tea:
Even saw the Curate and his wife there!
And then popped into one of Tamworth's bestest retail outlets:
Where I bought a new rod for her to use!
And then we went home.

Now, who says that we clergy don't know how to show the better half a good time on their birthday for goodness sakes?

6 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Are they taking bets on whether you'll still be around by her next birthday?

The Warden said...

Vic, having known you for a few years now, your wife must be amazed at the thought you have put into this years birthday. I am surpriesed that you have not talked about her birthday card!!

Jenni said...

How many parishioners did you encounter on the journey? Being alone is the hardest bit!

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Actually - apart from seeing the Curate and his wife we saw neither parishioner nor colleague. A marvel in itself.
Mind you the whole episode was crammed into a gap which was abutted by funeral at the beginning and pastoral encounters at the other and so it wasn't the whole day. Not sure I would have been able to say the same had it been longer :-)

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

And Ray, am pretty sure I'll still be around - it was a good fishing rod :-)

Soup D said...

They did remember to get me a cake this year - home made even! However, when I walked into the kitchen later, I thought a bomb had dropped!!!!