Tuesday 22 February 2011

More Humour

This is one of my favourite jokes, sent in by one of my favourite atheists (I knew they had a sense of humour):

"An atheist is in a forest and is attacked by a bear. In terror, he prays, and say “I know that I have always been an atheist, and have never had time for you, so am not in a position to ask for help and would not expect you to try and convert me, but could you find it in yourself to help me and convert this bear into a loving Christian?”

The bear puts him down, places his together and says “For what I am about to receive...”

Another joke that has come in (from an RC member) is:

A drunk staggers into a Catholic church and after a few minutes disappears into the confessional.

The priest, having seen the man's perambulations around the building, gives the man a few minutes to compose himself and then enters the other side of the confessional. He taps on the separating wall to draw the man's attention to his presence only to be greeted with the words, "It's no use knocking mate, there's no toilet paper this side either!"

As I said, I've always known the sense of humour was there, but I wonder, do humanists, secular humanists, or just plain atheists, tell jokes about their beliefs (or lack of them?).

I wait to see what comes forward.

Thanks Fil and FT

1 comment:

Jake Belder said...

Here's a bit more humour for you, I heard this in a sermon once:

"I once knew a man in New York City, when I was a pastor there, and he was a former gang member. He came up to me one day and said, 'Yesterday walking down the street I was confronted by a man who pulled a knife on me. So I pulled out my gun and shot him in the knee caps.' Bursting into tears of joy, the man continued, 'But Praise the Lord! A year ago I would've shot him in the head!'"