Monday 21 February 2011

More Humanist humour

The teacher in a primary school asked her year three pupils about faith issues and seeking to gauge who might know what the fast-approaching Christian festival was asked if any of the children went to church. Only one hand went up.

She asked the child who put their hand up, why she went to church. Proudly she answered, "I'm a Christian, Miss!"

The teacher continued, "And can you tell the class why you're a Christian please?"
The girl responded, "That's easy. My Dad's a Christian, my Mum's a Christian and so I'm a Christian too!"

Trying to make a point about personal belief rather than being born Christian, the teacher stopped the girl and said to her, "That's not necessarily the case. If your Father was a moron and your Mother was a moron, what would you be then?"

"Oh that's an easy one," replied the girl, "I'd be a secular humanist!"

(Wow, two birds with the same stone - Thank you Peter!)
---------------------------------

A Rabbi, a Priest, an imam and a secular humanist were engaged in a theological debate"

"My G_d is the G_d of Abraham," says the rabbi.

"My God is the God of Abraham," says the priest.

"My God is aso the God of Abraham for Abraham served Allah," says the imam.

"But there was no god for Abraham to have, says the secular humanist.

The Rabbi looks aghast and asks, "How on earth can you disagree with so many learned theological opinions?"

"I have no problems with the odds even though it's three against one, I am happy to be in the minority for I know I am right" says the humanist.

The men pray that God will send a sign to support their view and the room fills with a sense of peace and is ablaze with the shekinah glory of the Lord and a voice whispers into the hearts of all four men, "I am the God of Abraham!"

"O.K." says the humanist, "No change, merely four against one!"

(From George, a secular humanist - see, they do have a sense of humour - thought they would!)
---------------------------------

One mail I have received says that we are not allowed to laugh at ourselves or others because it gives people permission to ridicule. made me think of this wonderful cartoon:




b___0___d
……..[]……..
……..[]……..

Psalm 14:1 "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

No comments: