Monday 15 November 2010

MacDonald's - It's not fast food!

last year we stopped on out way out of town to buy some food from McDonalds. We ordered food and drinks for everyone and were directed to one of the bays to wait as our order wasn't ready. We dutifully sat and waited until, after almost twenty minutes a management type sauntered over and brought part of the order (which of course was typically mostly wrong!). I went over and negotiated swapping the wrong things with the girl at the window and we waited for the 'manager' to return with the last few items.

When he returned I pointed out that we'd been just a little over twenty-five minutes from ordering to receiving the order. His response was priceless.

"MacDonald's isn't supposed to be fast food," he said as he huffily walked back to his obviously now cordon blue establishment.

I thought that was the ultimate in MacDonaldeze until I received an email with this tale:

"My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a £5 note. Our total was £4.20, so I also handed her a 20 pence piece. She said, 'You gave me too much money.'
I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me £1 back.'
She sighed and went to get the Manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said 'We're sorry but we do not do that kind of thing.'
The clerk then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change!"


Unsurprisingly I am not surprised :)

No comments: