Thursday 18 November 2010

Death of 'Death by PowerPoint'?

I'm on a course at the moment and one of the shocks has been that people are having the audacity to come and speak to us rather than display PowerPoint slides and then read them to us. It appears that the endless hours of being subjected to 'Death by PowerPoint' are coming to an end (Hallelujah!!).

Of course this brings a new set of problems because now there's nothing to distract or attract one's gaze you quickly find yourself watching the speaker and there's a real danger of actually taking information in!

One of the telling observations was an observation from of the course members: "If PowerPoint is going to be on decline it would be fair to assume we'll all be receiving diocesan training in its use within the next twelve months!"

Of course that might be true but nothing's going to take me away from my flannelgraph!

1 comment:

Revsimmy said...

Flannelgraph?? Pass me the gold leaf for my illuminated manuscript!