Tuesday 29 June 2010

What can we bring?

God is not unjust; He does not forget our love or that which we have done for His people. God is not a liar, neither does He ignore our needs or fail to keep His promises. So why do so many people claim that He does and is the very opposite of the words above?

How do we care for those who find famine in a land of plenty? What can we bring to those whose experience is continuing illness and pain (mental, emotional and physical) in a place of healing?

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. He will send help from heaven to rescue me, disgracing those who hound me.

My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness. I am surrounded by fierce lions who greedily devour human prey - whose teeth pierce like spears and arrows,and whose tongues cut like swords. Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens! May your glory shine over all the earth.


Ps 57

No comments: