Saturday 12 June 2010

Living a life of faith

It seems that there is still faith to be found within the English nation. Christian faith might be considered to be a 'post' but faith in eleven overpaid, super-ego footballing types is at an all-time high!

We are but seconds away from the kick-off against America (who think football is game played with helmets, pads and an American accent) and we see how our hopes will unfold.

As for me, I've always got a Dutch shirt in reserve.

The pundits tell us that England have a great chance of 'going the whole way!' - as for me, going out to dinner as there's no problems getting a table tonight (but I'll watch the highlights - let's hope there are some). Mind you - four minutes in and we have a Gerrard goal - could go all the way in this game at least (hallelujah).

Evening all!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no,not FOOTBALL... on the radio ,on TV, my son is obsessed,our vicar wants to swap soccer cards, my other half rushed home from the synod, it's all over facebook,the supermarket has cashed in and I'm bombarded with posters everywhere....all my friends overseas want to talk about is a lot of men running around a field....... let me out, I'm going to sit in the woods til it's over.........

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Don't worry Jenni, you're fairly safe here - just found it amazing that so many people believe in a bunch of overpaid, ball kicking types (well, until the final result - apparently we're going out in the first round now!) and yet struggle with the author of creation as another morning greets them.

Happy (football free) Sunday,

V