Wednesday 30 June 2010

Churches working together

Seems to me that there are a great many areas where Christians in my area are working and yet few people seem to know about it. As part of my role in the local 'Churches Together Group' I have decided to try and establish 'interest groups' to help churches work together and get people sharing and publicising the work that is being done.

The structure I have in mind feeds back into a sort of lower house, called the Assembly, which is made up of representatives from each of the member churches (two from each). This group meet three times a year and provide the opportunity to inform and enlist others regarding the work that is going on in the area.

The structure, as I envisage it, looks like this:

The assembly is supported, equipped and enabled by the constituent member churches' leader who meat monthly in a 'Ministers' Group' and provide direction, oversight and support for the members and their projects and ministries.

Comments, suggestion and observations (especially from those who have tried similar or have something like this running).

Thanks,

V

No comments: